Sunday 1 January 2012

Day 40 - The night I became a DJ


Hello to our beloved blog readers! We have found internet at our hotel and so we shall bless you with our New Years blog even if it is a day late. 

A large portion of our last day of 2011 was spent packing for and driving to Hwange game park, which was the beginning of our two week African touristy adventure.
Jonno and Alex outside their room
With 4 cars and two trailers packed to the absolute limit we headed off on our 3 hour journey to Hwangi. Armed with over 130 lollipops we were ready to roll and surprisingly we had no hiccups on our road trip at all! We got through the police roadblocks without any problems and made it to Hwange in good time.

The game viewing area at the hotel
We arrived at Hwange and got into our rooms and spent time swimming, relaxing and checking out some of the game from the viewing area at the front of the hotel. Even just in our couple of hours this afternoon we were about to catch a glimpse of Impala, Wildebeest and some Zebras. We were all pretty hungry after a long day and fortunately there was a lot of food on offer for dinner tonight.

DJ Wellington and DJ Trance working some magic
After dinner is when the party really begun and things started to get interesting. There was a DJ…and for the record I use the term DJ VERY VERY loosely. The music he was playing was repetitive to say the least and his music wasn’t really liked too much by the crowd. So, I was pressured and pressured by Jonno and Alex to go and get my laptop and help the guy out. I felt bad and didn’t want to step on the “DJ’s” toes and kept saying “If the next song is as bad as this one, I’ll do it.” I never did it. So, my friends who have great initiative decided to do it for me and Jonno asked the DJ if it was ok if I got my laptop out and played a few songs. DJ Wellington as he was known was ok with the proposal and my non-existent dream of becoming a DJ happened. I quickly came up with my own DJ name (DJ Trance) and got amongst the DJ action. I played some of my songs and he played some of his. I wouldn’t call it a success but the night would have gone a lot slower for everyone if we didn’t do something…that’s for sure! Both Maddie and Lisa won awards for their moves on the dance floor and as the DJ continues to play long and repetitive music we await midnight where we enter 2012 where I can only hope the music improves along with the calibre of DJ’s working on New Years Eve around the world.

We hope you all had a great New Years Eve and we hope 2012 is your best year yet.

Andy

P.S I wrote this blog while DJing with my mate DJ Wellington

No comments:

Post a Comment